Technical update to my last post regarding using Gmail to filter spam

By Dave Peiser

Today, I tried following the advice from my March 21st post with a different customer, and noticed one  thing that needs to mentioned. I noticed a problem after setting things up: when my customer replied to emails, the emails had the gmail address as the "From" address. This wasn’t good, because the "From" address should be their name@companyname.com address. The solution to this was to modify the email account settings (Tools/Account Settings) and put the name@companyname.com address in the field labelled "E-mail address".

One Reply to “Technical update to my last post regarding using Gmail to filter spam”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *